No phone calls or solicitations, please.
Martis Camp Club is a luxury private community and golf course in beautiful Truckee, California and is seeking a full time Staff Accountant I/Accounts Receivable to join its small but growing accounting team.
Out accounting team is a friendly, highly efficient team that enjoys a laugh and pitches in wherever and whenever necessary to meet deadlines together.
This position is full time at 40 hours per week Monday through Friday, with occasional scheduled overtime and located in Truckee, California. We do not close during snow days, so it is important that you have a consistent and reliable way to get to work all year round.
Compensation: $22.00-$25.00 per hour starting wage, depending on experience
**Check out our GREAT benefits**:
- Paid Time Off accrues up to 96 hours per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (Single coverage medical employee portion is $0-$30 per check depending on the plan choice!)
- Dependent Care Flex Spending & 529 College Savings Plans
- $500 Annual Fitness Bonus!! (ie. ski pass, gym membership etc.)
- 401(k) with 100% employer match up to 7% of compensation
- Retail discounts in Spa, Golf, Tennis, and Ski
- Access to some Club amenities (golf course, tennis courts)
- Free Summer Season Ambassador Golf and Tennis Clinics
- Meals (one per shift in season) and snacks, tea, and coffee
- Annual Ambassador Holiday Party
- Annual Ambassador End of Season Party
- Participation in YouEarnedIt! recognition program
- Free Flu shot (every October)
- Wellness Program (if enrolled through employer insurance)
This position is key to running our business and interacts with every department on property and our entire membership. It is best suited to someone that truly enjoys working with others while multi-tasking on a variety of detail-oriented tasks.
The Staff Accountant maintains the accounts receivable system to provide timely and accurate statements our membership while communicating promptly and courteously with members to resolve any account issues. The Staff Accountant supports the Controller with other aspects of the accounting department as needed. This position requires a standard 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday and occasional scheduled overtime.
Job Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Manage membership receivables and send monthly member statements.
- Send other member communications and uphold collection procedures; prepare outgoing letters and certified mail
- Bill, reconcile and recognize member dues/assessments for two companies
- Answer member phone calls and emails and resolve member account issues
- Post ACH and credit card settlements to member accounts and review ETS for any chargebacks
- Post member payments to member accounts for two companies
- Review wires from real estate closings and post transactions related to closing
- Post House Watch and Plus One services to homeowner’s accounts and reconcile all billing
- Post transponder charge to homeowner’s accounts
- Assist Controller with preparing timely month end close by preparing account reconciliations and balancing of subsidiary ledgers to GL accounts
- Complete month end checklist and associated journal entries
- Ensure appropriate sales taxes are paid timely. Prepare monthly and quarterly tax returns for accuracy
- Manage bank balances and reconcile the check register to make sure adequate cash is in each account
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Maintain pre-paid postage on Pitney Bowes machine and prepare month end journal entry for postage
- Maintain and reconcile MCCF (501c3 non-profit) donations spreadsheet for the Board
- Send yearend 1099B statements and donation statements to members
- Distribute mail to appropriate department manager
- Assist with company vehicle registrations
- All other projects as assigned to assist in meeting the goals of the Club.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field and minimum of 2 years’ experience OR minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a related accounting position
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office for Windows (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust and interact with all levels of Ambassadors and Members
- Good work ethic and strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work at a high level with a highly efficient team
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen (which includes marijuana)
- Knowledge of/experience with Jonas Club Management software
- Prior experience working within property or club environment
- Worked in non-profit accounting environment
Meet the Required Minimum Qualifications? Apply online at: https://www.martiscamp.com/martis-camp-employment/
No phone calls or solicitations, please.