compensation: 20+ depending on experience
employment type: full-time
job title: Dental assistant
FULL-TIME DENTAL ASSISTANT WANTED FOR GENERAL DENTAL PRACTICE
We are passionate about our patients, and are committed to helping them maintain excellent oral health. The CDC says 47 percent of adults over age 30 have some form of periodontal disease. And only about 20 percent of children at poverty level and only 40 percent of kids from higher-income homes receive recommended sealants. If you enjoy working in a positive, collaborative environment and have a desire to improve the lives of others through dental care, consider joining our team.
Reporting directly to our practice’s office manager, the dental assistant has an integral role in patient care, including setting up and cleaning treatment rooms; escorting patients to the treatment room and making them comfortable; and assisting the dentist with clinical treatments.
Other required duties include:
• Taking dental x-rays
• Preparing and sterilizing instruments, handpieces and other equipment in compliance with OSHA standards and CDC guidelines
• Sending and monitoring lab cases
• Following up with patients after treatment and providing relevant instructions
• Providing patient education and nutritional counseling to maintain oral health
• Monitoring inventory and ordering dental supplies
• Various office tasks as directed by the dentist or office manager
Education and Experience Requirements include:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Graduate of accredited dental assisting program
• Compliance with state dental practice requirements, such as x-ray requirements and OSHA
• Computer skills
• Dental assisting experience preferred
To apply, visit us in person or call us at (775)827-5511 for more information.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.