Performs front office duties in order to maintain an efficient workflow for the practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Greets, receives visitors, determines nature of business, and directs as appropriate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Registers patients by obtaining and verifying accurate demographic and insurance information for billing.
- Enters data into the computer as needed to maintain office and patient records.
- Schedules and maintains appointments based on provider and service-specific requirements to ensure accurate schedules are maintained.
- Reviews physician daily schedules for appropriate visit lengths and types.
- Informs providers of scheduled procedures.
- Prints and updates schedules for all providers.
- Communicates to back office, provider, and Practice Lead significant schedule changes.
- Schedules ancillary tests per specific provider practice and/or assists patient in scheduling ancillary services including diagnostic imaging, lab, and transportation.
- Documents and follows up on no shows in accordance with No Show Policy.
- Makes appointment confirmation calls.
- Answers the phone within three rings.
- Answers questions within scope of practice, routes calls as appropriate or takes clear, detailed messages as needed.
- Retrieves voice mail messages, returns calls to answer questions within scope of practice or routes calls as appropriate.
- Provides first level of resolution with patients, involving Practice Lead for second level of resolution.
- Collects and posts payments, office co-pays, deductibles, and self-pay balances at time of service.
- Balances cash and completes daily cash reconciliation.
- Prepares daily deposit and reconciles collection report following protocol.
- Ensures accurate completion of medical record requests as assigned.
- Prepares charts for next day’s appointments.
- Handles flow of patient reports, and routes to appropriate practitioner for review and signatures.
- Obtains test results and records as requested by the medical provider.
- Accesses and maintains information in various electronic health records (EHR) systems as requested.
- Ensures downtime binders are maintained daily.
- Maintains proficiency with practice management, EHR, hospital registration, and results retrieval systems.
- Provides general office support including retrieving, opening and distributing mail per office protocol; making photocopies, faxing and mailing documents.
- Works closely with Practice Leads on processes/procedures including training of staff as needed.
- Assists with maintenance of cleanliness of office and waiting area.
- Maintains par levels of all forms and office supplies and report any deficiencies to Practice Lead.
- Assumes opening and closing duties as needed.
- Works as part of implementation team for any project within the MSC as directed.
- Demonstrates System Values in performance and behavior.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Is proficient with Microsoft Outlook.
Ability to use office machines. Demonstrated ability to use word processing and other Microsoft Office programs.